Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Students say the funniest things...

In my quest to follow the path God has chosen for me,
I find myself completing a Master of Arts: Education --Learn Behavior Disorder (LBD).
The area is mostly known as Special Education. You might ask? Another degree? Yes.

You see? I always thought I should be doing what I wanted to do. I completed my studies in Business Administration receiving both a Bachelor and Master from the University of Kentucky. Went on to complete a certificate in Human Resources Management...---->>>But, I was always on a quest for fulfillment and work life balance...Alas, I digress... I was called to educate.

Presently, I find myself accepting Substitute Teacher/Assistant positions and working with exceptional students. The following stories were worth remembering....

*As the class left the cafeteria, I noticed that my assigned student was rubbing his belly. As we transitioned to the classroom and began an English lesson he calls me over. "Ms. Canada, I have to tell you something, I think I may be pregnant." He says matter-of-factly. Not expecting this statement, I smile to keep from laughing. And I inform him that he is not pregnant, but a little too satisfied from all the food he had eaten.

*On another occasion, the classroom teacher had an english/math assignment review posted. I was trying to motivate the students to complete the work. Some of the students were gathering their materials and others were in various phases of assignment completion. I asked one student, why he hadn't completed his assignment. He looks at me thoughtfully and says, "I do the easiest parts first, and the hardiest parts NEVER."

I'm sure there were many more funny things, that occured last week... But, these two examples stood out the most.

1 comment:

  1. Cute stories! I think the kids are very fortunate to have you in their life!

    ReplyDelete