Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ha, Ha! I haven't given up!

I initially posted this blogpost on www.thoughts.com on: 06-27-2010

I am happy to say that I'm going really strong!!! I haven't relapsed into my old nutrutional habits. Once I've gotten used to carrying my lunch again, choosing the correct foods to eat has been very simple.

A lot of people have asked if I have weighed myself, however, I never have used weight as an indicator for good health. So, why should I start now. If you must know, I am 5'8. At my last weigh in, I weighed 140lbs, which is about average.

Okay, before you shun me and think this nutritional plan is not for you. Eating like this is definitely a lifestyle. I plan to stay on this track for as long as the GOOD LORD allows me to. What I am finding is that I no longer desire JUNK FOOD or MEAT. Now, I will not say that the tempation is not there, it's not as STRONG or as tempting as before.

Today, I ate fresh fruit, vegetables, and water...Just a nice summary. And I feel very satisfied. I also drink Barley Max which contains has barley and alfalfa. I don't experience intense hunger pangs or food urges. But, I must admit I'm now over 4 weeks into the process.

I'd suggest if you are interested in the path to becoming a Vegan, take it slow, practice portion control, and educate yourself on nutrition and not that AD Driven slush the Meat and Dairy Industries are pushing. Google rendering plants to see how your meat is being slaughtered and read ingredient labels. If you can't pronouce it, you shouldn't eat it. Really folks, it's that simple.

And on a last note, HIGH FRUTOSE CORN SYRUP is BAD for YOU. Idiotic commericals!!! You will find that this syrup is in a lot of processed foods. There is no MODERATION when it comes to listing this syrup as an ingredient. It's like it is a staple for human survival... Yuck...

In the end, the choice is yours... Join me on the beach in your best swimsuit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment