Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why blogging is important for education?

In education, communication between the teacher and student is pivotal. However, with the increased daily demands on lifestyle and culture, adult learning has become more of a challenge. Adult learners work full-time, have families, and unique responsibilies/demands.

Blogging has allowed classrooms to become wall-less and students can connect from virtually anywhere in the world! Barriers continue to be overcome through time: you can learn whenever you want! One can share ideas anywhere and anytime!

5 comments:

  1. Shonda, I like the background of your page. I do agree with you, communication is vital to for education. Blogging can be used any where and at any time the internet is available.

    For education purposes I do embrase blogging. I do have a facebook account as well but I have to say there are issues that do make me uncomfortable when it comes to blogging and the internet "super highway".

    Privacy is one issue that I struggle with when it comes to the internet. So much personal information is out there and can be obtained by the wrong people.

    As an adult, I will take full responsibility for my actions. However, I am not sure minors truely understand the consequences that can come from inappropriate uses of the internet and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Shonda. This also makes me think of the articles I've been reading lately about schools adopting cyberdays (I think that's what they are calling them) where students can log in to a website to complete schoolwork if they have a snow day. Classrooms really do reach way beyond their walls these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog page! I agree with you that blogging allows students to have a wall-less classroom. It does allow them to learn and view articles and posts at anytime they have a moment. I also feel blogs allow students to have futher discussion with their teachers outside the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your "wall-less" thought. Learning should not be confined to just the classroom. The whole world and everyday can be a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete